Monday, February 2, 2015

Academic writing

I am so irritated with reading academic writing! I struggle to understand theory and it takes me many readings not only to get a concept, but to also understand the context around it and for what purpose it needs to be talked about. However what I also struggle with is the distinction between and the ability to recognize an academic personality who is just doing his job and flexing his intellectual muscle. Or, like I want to believe, is he/she someone who is so wrapped up in a way of writing and is showing off how complicated a simple concept can made out to be? Am I just inexperienced in this line of thinking and this style? Make no mistake though, there are intellectuals out there who are full of themselves and I am convinced that this is conveyed in a lot of writing and literary work. Someone's gotta put a stop to this! I promise the world that if I ever publish something, I won't revert to this mind torturing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment