Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Proper parenting

And so it continues, my rants about people! But this time I am directing them towards what I believe is the root cause of 90% (if not all) our problems in society; bad parenting.

Think about it, where do we learn our values, beliefs and our mentality from? The seed is planted and our primary source is our family and parents. I constantly quote my parents, especially my dad when I am confronted with careless, selfish and egotistical people. I understand that your environment also plays a role in how you think and act which is not to be discarded. But before all that there are your parents who, as I said before, plant the initial seed which determines how you react in that environment.

What really gets on my nerves are people who have no consideration for others, selfishness in other words. I am no saint and I am sure people see problems in me that perhaps I lack the vision to realize, but I think I have a good idea of a shallow person when I encounter one. Since I moved here to Europe, I’ve lived with various people in different apartments. Now I am at a university dorm where thankfully I have my own room which has a shower and bathroom (en-suite as they call it). The only thing that I share is a kitchen and that gets on my nerves. Why do I always get stuck with people who don’t clean and are content to live in filth?! I mean they do clean the dishes but I’ve never seem them clean anything else. It’s just against my very being to leave a kitchen an absolute mess! At the most I’ll leave dishes in the sink but not for very long.

University. Luckily I am in a postgraduate block. But I have walked past some other parts of school that are much worse where I can hear annoying C. RAP music being played, loud people. I know I am showing age, but I don’t think I was that loud 10-15 years ago. Getting back to “how I was raised” issue, I was always made aware of what noise I was making and who can hear it. Once at a late hour when I was a kid, I decided to play with a toy for which it woke up my parents. My dad came in immediately and told me to knock it off! I can’t verify for sure if those who blast music from their cars/rooms were raised in a similar way.

What it all boils down to is respect for other people. I see a lack of that at the gym where I go here. We are instructed to put our weights away after we use them. You’d think it was a military obstacle course with all of them lying on the ground!

Well I can’t change the world and I have things about my own behavior that I’d like to change. But I can choose to live in a place where I don’t have to listen to my neighbors carrying on as if no one can hear them! Selfish mongoloids!

No comments:

Post a Comment