Saturday, January 24, 2015

People

People for me by far are the greatest educators in life. People in the sense that you learn more about yourself through the interactions with others. The last 24 hours have been rather interesting, things you might see in a movie.

I will mention them one by one here:

1. A classmate of mine tried to introduce me to her business which seems to deal with a medical product that apparently can cure a lot of illnesses. The founder was in a wheelchair, and after 850 trial runs with certain foods, came up with the right combination which somehow regenerated his body. While I am sure this is a wonderful product and my classmate is seeing the benefits from it one year in (as an associate), I don't believe these things are for me. So I will kindly decline

2. I was at the bi-monthly Uni party here at Aston. It's called Pounded. A euphemism for buying a beer for only a pound, hence you are "pounded". I felt a little out of place as I am not much for the club scene, although I go to see people that I know. I am not particularly good at hitting on girls at a club as I find the whole atmosphere somewhat artificial. I prefer a real conversation where I can hear the other person clearly and get a better taste of their personality. For this I prefer salsa nights as it has a more mature feel to it and it's a night more dedicated to the art of dancing than doing a marathon of shots and acting like a moron in front of your friends. At one point there were these Indian guys (perhaps Middle Eastern) and loud voices and shoving eventually led to one dude taking a swing at another. Eventually one of these was thrown out.

For me it's pure comedy. I like seeing these kinds of things as it amazes me how stupid people can be. In this case you are either immature, egotistical and you let some other jackass get the best of your nerves, or a combination of both. I have never been in a fight in my life and I can't imagine being thrown out of a place.

3. Some girl on Skype with the genius attempt at hiding her intentions with the screenname "yum", decided to add me on Skype and start a sex conversation. This is assuming she wasn't a 300lb gay dude with a hairy back! She asked me what got me off, tits or ass? I said "I like helping people". Then I blocked her and that was the end of it.

4. I had to complain to my flatmates about something and I could tell they didnt want to hear it. I can tell when someone doenst look you in the eye when you talk to them. But we settled the matter anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment