Friday, March 13, 2015

The Rich

I truly think the rich are en evil breed, or have the enormous potential of being so. What is inspiring this post is me having just watched the movie the Wolf of Wall Street in which I think DiCaprio did a good portrayal of a sleazy drug-addicted stock broker. This kinda person scares me and I find them very erratic and I dont think the character that DiCaprio portrays is that far off from the real kind of disgusting brokers that work in the real world.

But aside from the rich, I also have no respect for people with a superiority complex. This includes academics and anyone who uses their life experience as emotional leverage against someone they deem 'less' than them. On that note I must be careful not to think I am better than others based on my accomplishments in life. Rather I should just think of them as making me unique and leave it at that. But yeah, I don't tolerate arrogance in any way shape or form. I look at arrogant people as being stupid. Stupid in the sense that they lack the sense to know how to be humble and civil to all. With these people I take the approach of my father, "I treat people the way they treat me".

I think everyone should be poor at some point in their lives as when you have money you should appreciate it and not waste it. I can see this being me when I get a job eventually. Of course a little bit of pampering is fine as well all need a little luxury in life. But here I think is a VERY grey area in life in which people go nuts! Another thing I think we should all do is reach out to the homeless. This is a very cliche phrase, so I will give a practical example: go up to a homeless person and talk to them like they are a person which is what they are. Now I know there are a lot of fakers and people who buy drugs and the like, but they can't be all that bad. I did this a few nights ago. I approached a homeless guy whom I had bought a sandwich a few months ago and I didn't recognize him at first. Then we had a nice chat and he appreciated the company and the coffee. I don't know the exact details of his and there is probably a few things he wont tell me which would indicate exactly why he is on the streets, but the fact remains.....he is still on the streets. No one should live this way. Everyone deserves a bed, a comfortable place to live, access to medical care and healthy food. None of this will happen until mentalities change, the ones that don't want anything to do with anything that doesn't involve their own comfort. We're all humans, all God's children. How is it that he made your left pinky more precious than mine?

Once I start working so I can take care of my basic necessities, I will try to reach out to others. I hope I rememebr this post

No comments:

Post a Comment