Thursday, May 26, 2011

Some sad news

This hasn't exactly been an easy month for me, this week no exception. I just found out my godfather, Jerry is near the end of his life. I regret that I will miss his funeral which is expected to take place shortly after his passing in about 2-4 weeks. He always treated me well and I regret not having spoken to him in a while. I don't know why I hadn't seen him before I came here to Napoli as he was part of our family and someone whom I was very comfortable with and considered him like an old uncle. Whoever says "I have no regrets in life", I don't believe it. To have no regrets means that you knew exactly what to say, feel, think, react etc etc in every moment of your life. Simply not possible.

What is perhaps most remarkable is that it has been Jerry's decision to be taken off dialysis and to be put on hospice. This is a very brave decision and I pray that he is ready to meet Christ and that He will welcome him with open arms and to alleviate Jerry from his suffering.

R.I.P. Gerald Knoblauch 1935-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment