Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First post of 2011

At the suggestion of a friend, I will keep this blog alive and attempt to add to it once in a while.

I find myself at a crossroad here, one I didn't really expect myself to be at, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing. What brought about this fork in the road is due to the fact that Inlingua canned me and thus I had to re-evaluate my situation here in Naples. In summary, I was let go from Inlingua for 2 reasons, one being my own damn fault and the other I give to the school. I had become lax in my job and it showed when they observed one of my lessons. But what I don't like however about Inlingua is they have a policy of not telling the instructors when a complaint is made about them or any kind of negative feedback for that matter. So it's impossible to know if you are doing a bad job as they tell you nothing!

But life goes on. My last link to Inlingua is my last check which no no doubt will make me cry due to the shortened month in Dec because of the holidays and my working with the British in Marano. I also got hired by the Wallstreet Institute here in Napoli and I should start with them soon. I do offer private lessons and they should resume soon and hopefully with some new students.

Life observation: In the USA, I often saw immigrants and people from other countries, some were even my friends. I was used to them being in my house and me having the upperhand linguistically. Here, it's somewhat different. I see immigrants every day from all over the world, mostly Africans, Arabs and Asians and in a way we have something in common being that Italy is not our first and primary country. As I have mentioned in past blogs, I feel right in between both countries, the USA and Italy so my being here is not without some logic or reason. Why people from other countries choose Napoli I'll never know! Perhaps it's due to its rather pleasant climate and the fact that people here are lax on the rules.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, who is this friend? He's very cool.
    Was a good suggestion.
    Keep writing!

    Baci!

    ReplyDelete